- Rice Flour50 Grams
- Tapioca Flour175 Grams
- Caster Sugar175 Grams
- Thick Coconut Milk250 Milliliters
- Green Pandan Paste
- Rainbow food colouring
- Sieve the tapioca and rice flours to a big bowl. Add in sugar. Stir well and make a well in the middle of the dry mix.
- Add in water and coconut milk. Use a whisk to mix it evenly.
- Sieve the flour solution into another bowl. This is to ensure that there’s no lumps in the liquid mixture.
- Divide the mixture into 9 portions. 7 portions will be the rainbow colours and the other two you can just choose whichever colours you want.
- Get ready the steamer and make sure the water is boiling hot.
- Grease the tin with oil. This is to ensure easy removal of the kueh after steaming.
- Pour in the first portion and let it steam for 5 minutes.
- As the layer gets higher, it will take longer than 5 minutes to cook. Thus, ensure that the layer is solid before pour the next portion over it.
- Once it’s done, let it cool down for a few hours, preferably overnight, before removing the kueh out.
- Once the kueh is removed, lightly grease the knife to ensure a nicer cut on the kueh.
Best served at room temperature. Enjoy!