- Self-Raising Flour200 Grams
- Baking Powder1 Teaspoons
- Caster Sugar1 Tablespoons
- Milk250-300 Milliliters
- Butter1 Big KnobRoughly about 2 Tablespoon
1) Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add caster sugar. (I just do it in a big jug for easier pouring into the pan later)
2) Whisk egg and milk in a smaller bowl and add to the dry ingredients. Add enough milk to make into a thick batter. It should be close to a cake batter. Add melted butter and stir till combine. Set aside for 30 minutes
3) Using a frying pan, over medium heat, butter or oil the pan. Add a ladle of batter, or 2, if your pan is large enough. Wait till the top begins to bubble, about 1-2 mins, flip the other side and cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until brown. Try not to overcook the pancakes or it will become dry.
4) Stack the finished pancakes on a plate and cover with a tea towel to keep it’s moisture. Serve warm, with maple syrup or butter, with bacons if desired.