- 法國粉 French flour800 Grams
- 裸麥粉 Rye flour200 Grams
- 鹽 Salt20 Grams
- 蜂蜜 Honey100 Milliliters
- 酵母粉 Yeast7 Grams
- 水 Ice Water700 Milliliters
- 裸麥種 Rye starter15 Grams
- 魯邦種 Levain starter15 Grams
- 奶油 Butter40 Grams
- 鳳梨 Pineapple Compote30 Grams
- 核桃 Walnut15 Grams
I am very honoured to be able to film and learn how BRAVE Bakery bake their breads. The most amazing part is how health conscious the bakers are! Instead of saving cost and use refined sugar, they chose to use honey which is a lot more nutritious for the consumers! Along the way, I questioned the bakers and I like what I found out. They do things that benefit the customers and not trying to rip us off! Special thanks to Pike Yang, owner of BRAVE Bakery to share his amazing recipe with us! We will definitely want to visit them again! Can’t wait!!!
– Alvin Lee
Bread Making at BRAVE Bakery (Portion for 6 loaves)
- Add in french flour, rye flour, salt, honey, yeast, ice water, rye starter and levain starter.
- Let the mixer knead for 15mins.
- Add in the butter and let it knead for a few more minutes.
- (This is the foundation of making a bread dough and you make use any ingredients you wish to use. In this recipe we will be using walnut and pineapple compote)
- Squeeze dry the pineapple compote and spread out with the walnuts on the flatten bread dough.
- Cut up the dough and mix it in. Repeat until it is all properly mixed.
- Let it rest aside for 15mins.
- Portion the whole dough into 6 portions.
- Scatter flour on the tabletop and do the folding technique.
- Put it aside and rest for 15mins.
- Sprinkle some rye flour on the bread basket.
- Fold it once again and put it top down onto the basket. Let it rest again.
- After resting, put the bread on the tray and use a sharp cutter to do a few slits on top of the bread dough.
- Bake it for 25 to 30 minutes at 200ºc.