- Mussels400-500 Gramswashed thoroughly
- Garlic2-3 clovesminced
- Chilli Flakesdepends on how spicy you want it to be
- Saltadd accordingly
- Ready-made tomato pasta sauce500 Grams
- Coconut Milk2 Tablespoons
- unsalted Butter2 Tablespoons
- Shredded Coconut20 GramsFor garnishing
- In low heat, sautè garlic and chilli flakes in butter.
- Once the smell of raw garlic is gone, pour in pasta sauce and coconut milk.
- Close the pot and let the sauce simmer on medium high heat for approximately 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes, throw in mussels and close the lid again.
- Give this another 8-10 minutes, occasionally stirring the mussels and sauce together.
- Remove from heat and garnish with shredded coconut.
- Set it aside until ready to serve. Best enjoyed with bread or toasted slices of baguette.