- Unsalted Butter (For Cookies)1/2 Cups
- Caster (For Cookies)1/4 Cups
- Icing Sugar (For Cookies)1/4 Cups
- All-Purpose Flour (For Cookies)3/4 Cups
- Cocoa Powder (For Cookies)2 Tablespoons
- Salt (For Cookies)1/4 Tablespoons
- Meringue Powder (For Icing)1.5 Tablespoons
- Warm water (For Icing)3 Tablespoons
- Icing Sugar (For Icing)2 Cups
- ColouringsAny colour you want
- Vanilla Essence (Optional)1/2 Teaspoons
For the chocolate shortbread cookies
- In the mixer, put the unsalted butter in, caster and icing sugar.
- Start from slow speed to fast speed and mix until it is pale yellow.
- Add in the dry ingredients, flour and cocoa powder and continue mixing it in the mixer.
- Once done, wrapped and chilled in the fridge. (because it will be easier to use the cookie cutter when the dough is a little harden).
- Bake for 15 mins at 160 degree celsius.
- Once baked, let it cool down fully before putting on the icing.
For the royal icing
- Put in the icing sugar and meringue powder with warm water into the mixer
- Put in the vanilla essence
- Continue to mix until it is stiff peak
- Control the consistency with a little bit of water
- Once done, add in the colour you desire.
- Start pipping!