- All Purpose Flour97.5 Grams
- Cake Flour90 Grams
- Baking Powder0.5 Tablespoons
- Unsalted Butter113 Grams
- Sugar90 Grams
- Vanilla Essence2 Teaspoons
- Full Cream Fresh Milk0.5 Cups
- Butter (For Buttercream)0.5 Cups
- Icing Sugar (For Buttercream)1 Cups
- Vanilla Extract (For Buttercream)1.5 Teaspoons
Shirlene’s simple Vanilla Cupcakes with Pink Buttercream Recipe
Preheat oven to 175 degree celsius
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl
2. mix eggs, vanilla and milk into a bowl
3. Beat softened butter and sugar till fluffy and pale
4. Sift 1/3 of the dry ingredients into the butter & sugar
5. Mix slowly to incorporate
6. Slowly pour 1/2 of the wet mixture into the batter
7. Continue mixing till incorporated
8. Alternate the dry and wet ingredients, starting and ending with the dry ingredients.
9. Mix till everything is fully incorporated, scraping the sides as you go along.
10. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners
11. Fill liners 3/4 full
12. Pop them in the oven and bake for 16-18 mins until a toothpick comes out clean
For the Buttercream:
0.5 cups softened butter
1cup icing sugar
1.5tsp vanilla extract
1. Beat butter until light n fluffy, scrape sides
2. Add in icing sugar
3. Beat until fully incorporated, scraping sides when needed
4. Add in vanilla extract and beat
Special Thanks to the following:
Glenn Lim for filming and video editing
Contact him for all photography and videography needs.
Shirlene Ang for Recipe contribution and baking tips
Contact her for all baking needs.
Alex Tan for loaning his kitchen for filming.
PARKROYAL on Pickering for loaning Pinkdot for filming.