- Egg Whites100 Gramsabout 4 egg whites (preferably aged in fridge overnight)
- Almond Meal100 Gramsor you call it ground almonds, almond flours. You can use other grounds nuts like hazelnuts, pistachios
- Icing Sugar180 Grams
- Caster Sugar35 Grams
1) Sift almond meal and icing sugar together in a bowl and set aside.
2) Beat egg whites with a electric mixer till frothy. Add caster sugar and continue beating on medium speed till firm peaks form. Do not overbeat the meringue. Add food colouring if desired and beat till combined
3) Fold in almond mixture together with meringue in 2 portions till combined. You have to fold till the batter when lifted up with the spatula and drips back into the remaining, settles in after 30-40 seconds.
4) Place piping bag, fitted with a plain 1cm nozzle in a tall mug. Pour batter into the mug at a height, slowly.
5) Twist the bag and pipe shells, at around 4cm in diameter per shells.
6) Let sit on counter till a skin forms on the top.
7) Preheat oven to 150°C, or 130°C Fan-forced oven.
8) Bake the shells on 3 or more baking trays for about 23-25 mins. The shells should come off the baking paper easily when cooled. If not, bake them for another 5-10 more minutes.
9) Let cooled and pipe on any fillings you like.