- Butter (melted)113 GramsThis will be used in different parts of the recipe
- Brown sugar80 Grams
- Caster Sugar25 Grams
- Cinnamon2 Teaspoons
- Salta pinch
- Plain Flour325 GramsYou will need about 1 cup or more flour
- Caster Sugar2 Tablespoons
- Baking Powder1 1/4 Teaspoons
- Baking Soda1/2 Teaspoons
- Salt1/2 Teaspoons
- Buttermilk1 1/4 Cups
1) Preheat Oven to 220C, 220C (Fan-forced).
2) A good tip in making these quick cinnamon, grease a 12-hole muffin tin with 1 tbsp of the melted butter and set aside.
3) Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, 2 tbsp of sugar, 1/2 tsp of salt in a bowl. Mix buttermilk, 2 tbsp of melted butter together and mix together with the dry ingredients. Stir together and add more flour as you need to make the dough no longer that sticky. Sprinkle extra flour on working table and turn dough out.
4) Using a rolling pin dusted with flour, or with your hands, flatten dough into a 30cm by 23cm rectangle.
5) Mix 80g brown sugar, 25g caster sugar with 2 tsp of cinnamon in a bowl. Brush the dough with 2 tbsp of the melted butter and sprinkle the cinnamon mix on dough evenly.
6) Roll dough from the longer end tightly. Cut the dough into 8 pieces and place it in the muffin tin. Brush the rolls with the remaining melted butter.
7) Bake the cinnamon rolls in oven about 20 – 22 mins.
8) Let cool and serve. Drizzle with icing if desired. (see foot notes)
Icing Sugar mixture:
1) 1/4 cup of icing sugar
2) Enough water to thin the icing
Drizzle the icing on cinnamon rolls