- All purpose flour280 Grams
- cornstarch2 Teaspoons
- baking soda1.5 Teaspoons
- salt1.5 Teaspoons
- melted butter170 Grams
- light brown sugar150 Grams
- granulated sugar100 Grams
- 1 egg and 1 yolk
- vanilla extract2 Teaspoons
- chocolate chips180 Grams
- caramel candy15
1) Mix flour, cornstarch, salt and baking soda and set aside.
2) Mix cool melted butter with the brown and granulated sugar until there are no visible lumps.
3) Whisk in egg and then the yolk followed by the vanilla.
4) Mix in the flour mixture on low speed until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips and chill for at least 3 hours.
5) Preheat your oven to 165 degrees Celsius. Take out your cookie dough and let it soften for 15 minutes before using a cookie scoop to portion them onto the baking tray.
6) Take the rounded cookie dough up and press a caramel sweet into each of them and lightly press them down till they are flat. Sprinkle sea salt on top of the cookies and bake for 12 minutes.
7) Allow the cookies to bake further on your baking tray for 10 more minutes before taking them off to cool.
1) putting cornstarch allows for a flaky, crumbly and crispier cookie.
2)Substitute the chocolate chips with semi sweet chocolate chips if you don't have such a sweet tooth.
3)chilling the cookie dough allows a deepened flavour as well as to set the butter, allowing a circular shaped cookie.
4)I usually make my own caramel sweets but you can use any.